As the role of the Expert becomes more sharply defined and is held under the spotlight with the continuing development of rules and requirements the need to know and keep ‘up to date’ grows ever stronger.
This is an initial grounding course for expert witnesses.
- Who and what is an Expert
- The role and duties of the Expert
- Instructions and their implications
- Terms of Engagement
- Code of Practice for Experts
- Fact Finding, early evaluation and pre-trial advice
- The Expert Report and the Model format
- The Meeting of Experts – procedures and problems
This course has been designed for those wishing to become Experts and is also a valuable ‘refresher’ for the experienced Expert.
In the UK this course forms part of the Foundation Course. In other jurisdictions such as Hong Kong and for in-house training it is a single stand alone one day course.