The Academy aims to
- promote the use of the independent expert in the United Kingdom, the European Community and the rest of the world.
- achieve the cost effective resolution of disputes in traditional litigation and in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
- promote a forum in which Experts and members of the legal profession may exchange views.
- maintain codes of practice generally and in areas of specific difficulty.
- organise lectures and programmes of further education and training for members and non members.
- provide advice, assistance and a comprehensive information service to experts.
- maintain detailed directories of practising members and qualified mediators.
- ensure general and international awareness of the excellence of experts who are members of The Academy.
- make representations to and cooperate with judicial and legal authorities, government departments, public enquiries and other tribunals in matters of public interest relating to expert advice.