An intensive study through both the theory and more practical aspects of being an Expert Witness.
For the Expert that is about to undertake a large case this is the perfect opportunity to ‘brush up’ on little used techniques.
The course concentrates on the Expert’s Report and the Role & Responsibilities of the Expert with a brief introduction into the Procedure Rules (CPR & CrimPR) and preparation for going into court.
Key Learning Points
- Your Role
- Who and what is an Expert
- The role and duties of the Expert
- Instructions and their implications
- Terms of Engagement
- Fact Finding, early evaluation and pre-trial advice
- Code of Practice for Experts
- The Meeting of Experts – procedures and problems
- The Expert Witness tomorrow
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THIS COURSE DAY 3 – THURSDAY 18TH MAY – WILL BE A FULL DAY 09:30 – 17:00