The Academy of Experts provides training and education to Expert Witnesses to improve and maintain their standards and status. It encourages the proper use of qualified experts by the Legal Profession.
There are a number of benefits of becoming a member of The Academy of Experts (TAE) including:
- Recognition of you as an accredited Expert.
- The use of post nominal recognition – AMAE; MAE; FAE.
- The use of a seal showing your accreditation and of TAE logo.
- Access to model terms of engagement and documents to protect and assist with your expert witness practice.
- Referrals to Solicitors seeking experts in your specific field.
- Access to the TAE Group PI Insurance Scheme offered at very favourable rates.
- Free member helpline to assist with expert related queries and issues.
- Free technical meetings, updates and journal (The Expert & Dispute Resolver).
- Listing on the TAE on-line Register of Accredited Experts (optional).
- Training at special member rates.
- Regular technical updates such as guidance on giving evidence online.
TAE Membership grades reflect the degree of experience an individual has as an Expert Witness. There are three grades of membership open to new applicants:
- Associate AMAE
- Full Member
If you are unsure as to which grade you should be applying for please either contact us direct or complete our pre-application questionnaire which will enable us to advise you.
The Application Process
- The most frequent question we are asked about new applications is how long they take to process. Ordinarily new applicants should expect to complete the vetting process within three months. One of the most important parts of the applications is the response from your referees so ensuring that they are willing and able to provide a reference before you submit your application will help avoid unnecessary delay.
- As well as ensuring an applicant has the appropriate professional experience the assessment committee is looking to understand the depth and breadth of your Expert Witness experience. If you are unsure whether something is relevant to your application please contact us directly and we will be able to advice you.
- Further details about the application process can be found here.
- If you are in any doubt about any part of the process we are here to advise you.
Will Academy Membership get you more work?
- More and more solicitors are looking to ensure that the expert they instruct is appropriately qualified. As the premier accrediting body for Expert Witnesses the Academy receives many calls from instructing parties seeking to confirm an expert's qualifications.
- The Academy's online register is a reliable source of accredited experts used by many in the legal profession. As an Academy accredited expert you join a respected list of experts that the legal profession can rely upon to be knowedgeable in the processes that experts must follow.
Should you have any questions regarding membership we would be very pleased to hear from you.