A quick and inexpensive way of resolving disputes without going to court – particularly where the facts of the dispute are agreed. The Academy is receiving more and more requests to be named in contracts to appoint an Expert Determiner in the event of a dispute. As part of the accreditation process applicants need to attend an approved Expert Determination training course. Although experts instinctively feel that as experts they would have no problems with determination, the reality is rather different – technical/professional expertise alone is not sufficient. There are many pitfalls which need to be avoided and procedures and doctrines which must be followed.
This is a technical course which will deal with all you need to know to get started and run an Expert Determination.
- What is Expert Determination
- What are the differences between Expert Determination and Arbitration, Adjudication and Early Neutral Evaluation.
- The process
- Potential problems – areas and solutions
- The Determination
- How to write it
- Giving Reasons
- Publishing the Determination
The Academy Rules for Expert Determination make it essential to undertake proper training prior to undertaking new instructions.
The course takes place over two days.
- The first day is an introduction to the process and the Rules for Expert Determination.
- The second day is very interactive focusing on practical help and guidance.