- Expert Witness
- ICAEW Expert Scheme
- Chartered Accountant (1965)
- Fellow of the ICAEW FCA (1975)
- Justice of the Peace (1989)
- Society of Expert Witnesses (1998)
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (2000)
- ICAEW Forensic Accountant (2011)
Expert Witness SnapshotArticled clerk at Parker Leader &Co, Chartered Accountants, Bristol, until 1965, qualified in 1965 admitted 1966.
Justice of the Peace 1989.
Member of the Society of Expert Witnesses 1998.
Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association 2000.
1. DRC Forensics Ltd - Director - April 2009 to date.
2. RSM Bentley Jennison - Director Forensic Accounting - November 2004 to March 2009.
3. NMGW/Numerica Pic - Partner then Director Forensic Accounting - March 1996 to October 2004.
4. PKF - Chairman & Managing Partner of the Bristol Office and the Partner in charge of Forensic Accounting at the Bristol office - January 1966 (predecessor firm) to February 1996.
I have a wide range of commercial and corporate expertise and have developed my Forensic and Expert Witness Skills with by hands on experience, internal and external training and my extensive training as a Magistrate. I have developed considerable expertise in litigation support and investigations, especially in relation to supporting lawyers on the accounting and financial aspects of business and commercial disputes, valuations, professional negligence, matrimonial disputes, fraud investigations and other criminal matters. As well as work for lawyers I have carried out Forensic assignments for Banks, the SFO, SOCA and the Solicitors Indemnity Fund.
I have considerable experience of acting as an Expert Witness having given evidence in Court, both civil and criminal, on numerous occasions. I have been assisted with this, both in terms of experience and credibility, because of my role as a Magistrate. This has meant that I am well used to appearing and speaking in Court, both Magistrates and Crown Court, and in dealing in Court with Lawyers.
I have acted as expert advisor to parties before expert appointment, single joint expert, in which I have had specific training, shadow expert, ICAEW PresidentÚs Appointment Scheme, independent accountant, investigator, mediator, including acting for parties at a number of mediations and arbitrations.