- Bachelor of Science BSc (Hons) (1969)
- Member the Royal Institution of Naval Architects MRINA (1969)
- Chartered Engineer CEng (1970)
- Fellow of the Yacht Brokers, Designers and Surveyors Association FYBDSA (1974)
- Member of The Academy of Experts MAE (1988)
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects FRINA (1998)
Expert Witness Snapshot
I have been employed as an Expert in over 150 cases involving craft up to 170 m length, largely involving super and mega yachts, in the High Court, Admiralty Court and County Courts, together with cases in the USA and EU for over 30 years. I have given evidence in Court in over 30 disputes. I have acted as Arbitrator and Mediator and also have provided informal technical settlement advice to parties in various disputes. I have been selected by builders and buyers to provide Expert Determination in technical matters involving the build of new "Megayachts".
I have been appointed by most of the leading marine lawyers in the UK and some abroad.