- Expert Witness
- Diploma Management DipMgmt (2001)
- Masters Business Administration MBA (2003)
- Construction Contract Management NVQS (2004)
- Fellow Chartered Institute or Building FCIOB (2004)
- Bachelor of Law LLB (Hons) (2007)
- Fellow Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors FRICS (2018)
- RICS Expert Witness Certificate Cert Exp Witness (2019)
- RICS Diploma in Adjudication DipAdj (2020)
Expert Witness SnapshotI have worked within the construction industry for 36 years and am experienced in design development, project management, quantity surveying, & dispute resolution.
I have successfully completed the RICS Expert Witness Certificate parts 1 & 2 and subsequent interview, resulting in my becoming an RICS Accredited Expert Witness.
I have been assessed & awarded an NVQ level 5 in Construction Contract Management.
I have successfully completed the RICS Expert Determination Certificate.
I am a member of the Academy of Experts, Expert Witness Institute, Society of Construction Law, Adjudication Society & Arbrix.
Recent expert appointments include;
- A nuclear power generation project requiring delay analysis and assessment of the resulting quantum.
- A central London development requiring opinion regarding the quantum surrounding a variation account.
- A new house in the south west of England with significant ongoing defects requiring opinion on quantum surrounding the rectification costs.
- A central London property requiring an assessment of the rectification costs required brought about by a water leak in an adjacent building.
I have worked with various forms of contract including those published by JCT, NEC, RIBA, ACA & GC/Works together with their respective standard forms of sub-contract or works contract. I also have experience of working with measured term, prime contract & framework agreements
The types of work for which I have experience are as follows;
Grade 1 & 2 listed building alteration & restoration; fire damaged building protection, assessment and reconstruction; public sector building work including schools, colleges, universities, defence establishments inc runways & approaches, hospitals & health centres; hospice; dental practices; food production facilities & abattoirs; public houses/restaurants; municipal buildings; housing schemes (public and private sectors, low & medium-rise); industrial & commercial schemes including offices, factories & warehousing; retail & leisure schemes including shops, hotels & sports stadia.
A further breakdown of the above is available on request.