09:15 - 16:45
The essential Course for Experts looking to improve their report writing skills
The Expert’s report is one of the most important pieces of evidence. Your report needs to reflect your independence and impartiality - it may be your only evidence.
It is more important now than ever before that your report does not let you down.
The Expert’s Report covers the theory and practice of the art and science of Report Writing.
As an Expert you will be judged on the quality of your report - not just the quality of your opinion. As well as technical accuracy you must take into account:
- Professional Guidelines
Under CPR in England and Wales – your Expert’s report is your ‘Evidence in Chief’ or may even be your only evidence – the Civil Justice Reforms in Hong Kong are likely to follow the same path. It is more important now than ever before that your report does not let you down.
The course is designed to help the Experienced Expert evaluate and upgrade his reports and for the less experienced to establish the ‘right standard’.
Matters covered include:
- What the Expert needs to know and do prior to writing the Report • What Counsel expects
- What your instructing Solicitor fears
- The use of plain Language
- Evaluating Experts’ Reports
- The Judicial Committee’s Model Form of Expert Report. The Model form of Expert’s Report was developed by the Academy’s Judicial Committee (a committee of senior members of the Judiciary, chaired by a Law Lord) to provide Experts with a ‘judge friendly’ format which would be accepted by the courts.